CIF Southern Section has released its 2018-2019 girls wrestling preview. The preview contains the guidelines for the regional qualifiers and the section championships, among other things. Here are some points of interest for the 2019 Southern Section postseason.
- League placement will not determine qualifiers to the CIF-SS Regional Qualifying Tournament, CIF Southern Section Championship, or for the State Championships
- There will not be a Dual Match Girls Wrestling Championship.
- Each School can only enter one wrestler per weight class
- There are five regional varsity qualifying sites this year.
- The Top 6 placers at each site qualify for the Girls